cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5350 Flex default eth0 ip address

acioffarelli
Level 4

Hello, as stated in the chassis of a Flex 5350 control node the default ip address for eth0/NIC1 port is 192.168.229.233 but in no way i'm able to reach it from my laptop. The appliance has not yet been configured, no activities performed on it.

I've configured my network (laptop) this way:

ip: 192.168.229.123

gw: 255.255.255.0

Ping or ssh fail everytime.

Am i missing anything? I've tested the ipmi connection successfully, with default ip 192.168.0.10 (changing my setting in the laptop, using another ip, same gw).

Thank you for your help!

4 REPLIES 4

sanket_pathak1
Level 4

@acioffarelli 

According to document, the default IP 192.168.0.10 should be connecting, provided you setup your laptop in the same subnet as appliance.

However, you can try connecting a Monitor and Keyboard to appliance. Validate the assigned IP and modify it. You can follow steps from Hardware Installation Guide -- 

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/138857666-138857670-0/v137892141-138857670 

Hello, thx for your reply. 192.168.0.10 works if i connect to ipmi (not if i connect to Eth0/1 as expected).

Eth0/1, with default ip 192.168.229.233 doesn't work.

I need to take some config output from appliance console without configuring anything, but only way i can do it is with remote console and ipmi, am i correct?

Thank you again!

meuhassan
Level 4

Hi there!

The fact that you are able to successfully connect to the appliance's IPMI interface using the default IP address of 192.168.0.10 suggests that the appliance is properly connected to the network and that the network configuration is correct.

However, the fact that you are unable to reach the appliance using the default IP address of 192.168.229.233 suggests that the appliance may not have yet booted up and initialized the network interface.

To verify this, you can try to ping the appliance's MAC address. The MAC address of the appliance can be found on the appliance's chassis.

If you are able to ping the appliance's MAC address, then the appliance is properly connected to the network and that the network configuration is correct. However, if you are unable to ping the appliance's MAC address, then the appliance may not have yet booted up and initialized the network interface.

In this case, you will need to wait for the appliance to boot up and initialize the network interface. Once the appliance has booted up and initialized the network interface, you should be able to reach it using the default IP address of 192.168.229.233.

Here are some additional things you can try:

• Make sure that the appliance is connected to the network and that the network cable is properly plugged in.
  • Restart the appliance.
  • Reset the network configuration on the appliance.

If you are still unable to reach the appliance after trying these steps, then you may need to contact Veritas support for assistance.

rafanto
Level 5

Hello, Flex appliances don't have enabled the host0 default IP.  You must initialize the appliance with the command

system configure-network

Regards

Rafael