cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Flex Appliance IP address.

kavak10
Level 1

Hi All,

We are moving our Veritas Flex Appliance 5250 (upgraded to 3.0 already, planning to apply 3.0.1), we have configured one Master and one Media servers running NetBackup 9.0.1.

Is there an easy way or documentation other than the "Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide : v3.0" to change the IPs of Flex Appliance, NetBackup Master and Media Servers?. I'm still doing some research and we will also open a ticket with support and see if they can assist us. 

One of the reason we upgraded Flex Appliance software from 2.0.1 to 3.0 was because there were some new features, including an easy way to change Flex appliance IP, perhaps I'm missing it .. but I can't find it.

Thanks,

Alex Rodriguez

Peraton - County of San Diego account.

6 REPLIES 6

paulantok
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

I'm also looking for same at least flex host ip change

thanks

din_ibrahim
Level 3

Did u manage to get an answer? Im looking for it too....

Have tried using the shell, command system add-host, but somehow it didnt work. 

paulantok
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Till now no , I think you have to open a ticket with veritas support

meuhassan
Level 4

Yes, there is an easy way to change the IP addresses of the Flex Appliance, NetBackup Master, and Media Servers. In Veritas Flex Appliance 3.0, you can use the system modify-network command to change the IP addresses of the appliance nodes.

To do this, you will need to SSH into the Flex Appliance and run the following command:

system modify-network --ip <new-ip> --netmask <new-netmask> --gateway <new-gateway>

For example, to change the IP address of the Flex Appliance to 192.168.1.100, you would run the following command:

system modify-network --ip 192.168.1.100 --netmask 255.255.255.0 --gateway 192.168.1.1

You will also need to update the IP addresses of the NetBackup Master and Media Servers in the NetBackup configuration. You can do this by editing the nb.conf file on the NetBackup Master Server.

Once you have updated the IP addresses of the Flex Appliance, NetBackup Master, and Media Servers, you will need to restart the NetBackup services.

Here are the steps on how to restart the NetBackup services:

1. On the NetBackup Master Server, open a command prompt and run the following command:
netbackup stop
  1. Wait for the NetBackup services to stop.
  2. Run the following command to start the NetBackup services:
netbackup start

Once the NetBackup services have started, the new IP addresses will be in effect.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

thumb_upthumb_down
tuneshare
Google it

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello @meuhassan 

I was checking your post on how to change the IP of a FLEX 5250 management IP, but I cannot find ant nb.conf on the media server instance.
If you mean bp.conf, there is no entry for flex management IP. 

Can you elaborate?

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As I open a case to Veritas, I add this comment for anyone trying to change the management IP of a Flex appliance.

Changing the Flex appliance management IP is not easy, and it is not supported "out of the box". To change the management IP, you have to open a case and ask for a support exception.

There are many configuration files that need to be changed. Not just network configuration.