cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application HA - Too many error messages of VCS ERROR V-16-2-13027 - monitor procedure did not complete within the expected time.

Rajan_Iyer
Level 4
Certified

Hi,

Please note that in my setup I am using approx 15 ApplicationHA agents running on differnet RHEL 5 VMs.

In case some of the servers I use to get below error messages frequently

VCS ERROR V-16-2-13027  Resource(VCShm) - monitor procedure did not complete within the expected time.
VCS ERROR V-16-2-13027  Resource(LSNR_xyz) - monitor procedure did not complete within the expected time.
VCS ERROR V-16-2-13027  Resource(LSNR_abc) - monitor procedure did not complete within the expected time.
VCS ERROR V-16-2-13027  Resource(LSNR_def) - monitor procedure did not complete within the expected time.

I would like to know is there any way to change any parameter settings to avoid this errors also what will be the impact and cause of this alert.

Please find herewith some config details.

• ApplicationHA Version 5.1 SP2
  • Oracle Databases are configured on all 15 Linux VMs.
  • RHEL 5 is OS Version.

Thanks

Rajan

2 REPLIES 2

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Rajan,

There should be a MonitorTimeOut (or some similar name) value for all resources of a given type that you can increase.  I don't remember if this is something that can be changed from the vCenter console or if you have to modify it from the CLI on the virtual server. 

If you don't see it in the vCenter console and you are not confortable with VCS at the CLI, then please open a case with Symantec Technical Support and we will assist you with this.

Keep in mind that this is assuming that the monitor processes only need a little more time and that nothing else is happening that is preventing them from completing.  If something is preventing the monitor processes from completing then we will need to investigate further to find the root cause of the issue.

Thank you,

Wally

Prasanna_Kulkar
Level 3
Employee

Hi Ranjan,

ApplicationHA has various agents to monitor different applications. For instance, if you select "Oracle" application in the wizard, it configures "Oracle" and "Netlsnr" agents to monitor components of Oracle (the Oracle database instance and Net Listener respectively).

Each agent requires certain time to check health or functionality of the component it monitors. There is a time out associated with this monitoring action. By default it is 300 seconds for most of the agents.

The logs you mentioned indicate that the agents are not able to complete monitoring the listener resources in the timeout period. If you are sure that the listeners are functioning properly and system does not have excessive load, you can try increasing the timeout. You can do so by editing "MonitorTimeout" attribute of "NetLsnr" agent type. Use VOM or VCS command line to make these changes. Note that the MonitorTimeout attribute is not exposed through vSphere integrated UI. You need VCS UI like VOM or VCS CLI to make this change.

As Wally said earlier, if you are not comfortable with these changes, you may open a support case with Symantec.

--
regards,
Prasanna