cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xE0008523 - completed with exceptions

modest911
Level 3
I keep getting this error

I have tried the suggested that is in this post. But, it did not work for me. Can someone help me with this?

The funny thing is - It says failure on C: - But I am snapping to D: - I did the AOF wizard to the D: partition.

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
Are you getting this error when backing up a remote server?  If so, when you went through the AOFO wizard did you specify the server that it is failing on when you went through it?

modest911
Level 3
Nope this is all local

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
Is this a windows 2000 server?  Check for a hidden folder on the root of c: and d: called "backup exec aofo store".  See if there are any files in that folder.

modest911
Level 3
Windows 2003 - The folder is on C: - But not on D: The folder that is on C: is not a hidden folder though.

Thanks

modest911
Level 3
BTW - The folder that is on C: has no files in it.

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
Go into the job setup and go under the 'Advanced open file' section on the left side.  Then on the right, click on the radio button 'Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service'.  This should work if you are only backing up Windows 2003 servers on this backup job.  If not, just click on the top radio button 'Automatically select open file technology'.

modest911
Level 3
Thanks for your help - You last suggestion worked.

TerryT
Level 3
I am getting this exact same error trying to back up a remote drive on a 2003 server-and I get the same error after a fresh reboot.  There is a mounted Exchange 2003 info store on this drive, is this the problem or should this work?

Note:  This is a backup to disk job-not tape(Should that make any difference?)

TerryT
Level 3
I don't believe this.  I search the knowledge base and have the forums checks and 11d, all platforms, and it doesn't even come up with a SINGLE MATCH on 0xE0008523.

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/support/knowledge_base.jsp?searchText=0xE0008523&pid=15047  The whole KB, and supposedly THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!  NOTHING!!!!

Any staff members here have any suggestions?  I'm facing a Wednesday tied up on the phone if not.

TerryT
Level 3
FYI.....This error is apparently normal if your backup set contains and database(sql or exchange) files.  These flat files can not be backed up via a snapshot.  They have to be backed up with the sql\exchange agent.

At least the second tech that I spoke with knew this.  The first tech had me un & reinstalling the advanced ofo on the server(which obviously did nothing to help resolve the issue).

There is absolutely nothing in the KB's mentioning this causing this error, but the tech said that he was going to add it.

Good thing I didn't sit on hold for 2.5 hours to find this out........

Message Edited by TerryT on 05-31-200710:07 AM