cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe0008516 - Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data

Marc_Hall
Level 3
0xe0008516 - Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

This is the error message that I have bee nreceiving all week. CPS is backing up the data. The data is browsable vie windows explorer. And shapshots are successful.
However, when backing up the data, I get the above error.

HELP!!!!!!
7 REPLIES 7

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Are you selecting the data for backup in CPS or Backup exec?

Have you deleted any files or folders?

Are you backing up file shares?

Check event viewer for any errors.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Marc_Hall
Level 3
we are selecting the data in BENT10d. We are choosing the continous Protection Server | Protected Resources option in the selection list.

This will work for a day or two, then things are lost.
No, we are not deleting any directories.
There is nothing in the event logs other than the failure notifications.
We are getting some data backed up, but not all.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Which are the resources which do not allow themselves to be snapshot? Have you been able to observe if it is a resource specific issue?

Regards, Ashutosh NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Marc_Hall
Level 3
what do you mean by resource?

If you mean replicated data, then it is all of it. Once the origonal snapshot of the data is deleted I get this error.

is there a work around for this? truncating logs, creating a new database? Anything!

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

This error occurs because the Windows Operating System has deleted CPS Snapshots that were previously selected or if CPS Snapshots are scheduled to run at the same time Backup Exec is attempting to back them up.

When backing up CPS Protected Resources, make sure that the following is not occurring during the backup job from BEWS 10d

A continuous backup job being run by BE CPS cannot be running for the selected server in the backup job for BEWS 10d
Shadow Copy Components cannot be selected on the backup job in BEWS 10d when you also have the BE CPS Protected Resources selected to be backed

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Marc_Hall
Level 3
So how do I prevent Shadow copy services from deleting the snapshots?

How do I coorect this issue with out rebuilding from scratch.

If I cannot have a continous replication and provide tape back-ups at the same time, what is the point?

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly install the Hotfix 1. Refer the following Document for the same..

Backup Exec 10d Continuous Protection Server (CPS) Service Pack 1 Hotfix 1

http://support.veritas.com/docs/281705

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.