cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe000fe36 Backup Exec 2012

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

Hi all, 

last week I configured the all new Backup Exec 2012 on our server, and everything looked fine after the first fullbackup.
Now the differential backups end up with the following error message: 0xe000fe36 

Auftrag beendet am Tuesday, June 05, 2012 um 1:35:50 PM

Abschlussstatus: Fehlgeschlagen
Endgültiger Fehler: 0xe000fe36 - Es wurden beschädigte Daten gefunden. Weitere Informationen finden Sie im Auftragsprotokoll.
Endgültige Fehlerkategorie: Ressourcenfehler

I am not backing up any Databases or systemstate - I just backup plain files on the server (copies of Databases and TIB images)
Furthermore I tried to disable or enable AOFO >> I get the same result.
I also unchecked "verify backup"

I am running BE 2012 (Version 14.0 Rev. 1798 (32bit)
Tried to find anything in the Symantec forum here, but I do not really want to uncheck the folders where the error "happens" - because I want to backup the databases which reside there

many thanks in advance
axel
18 REPLIES 18

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi axel,

What types of files are you backing up? Are they specific files, or random?

Thanks!

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

Hi Craig, 

random files and database files (database.bak and Acronis image.tib files) which are copied to this specific server.
I also checked if the copy process is still running >> the files are definetly not in use during the backup.
Hoped that the Service Pack 1 will solve the issue, but the server ends up with the same error message.

cheers
axel

CraigV

...OK, so next thing would be to check your AV and see if it's blocking BE's services, or access to those files for BE.

If so, put in exclusions for the BE services, and then try again.

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

we are using SEP 11.06, I was able to find exeptions for folders, but not for services.
I also edited some exeptions for the filetypes.
I started the job again, this will take approx. 1,5h.

thanks for your help

CraigV

...if you're able to, stop SEP during the backup and see what this does...

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

no way, now it was successfully.
But there was a different "error" in the log:
Microsoft Shadow Copy Service (VSS) ran out of memory.

I will try to fix this with the provided MS fixes.

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

The job which I started manually, worked fine. Whereby the scheduled job did finish with a different error message: E00084AF

BE is driving me nuts!!

CraigV

sad

Try recreating the job and then scheduling it to start during the day. If that works, then change the time to run at the normal time.

Thanks!

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

I changed the time from midnight to early morning - hope that helps.
Will keep you updated!

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

Regarding the techi from Symantec, I had to run a full chkdsk on the server!
Tomorrow morning, the differential job of the new disk set is running.
Will post some updates tomorrow.

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

Today the backup ran at 06:00am, and finished with the error message: E000FE36.
I also created a new ticket at the symantec enterprise support.

Sichern- \\esestubckp02.ese.winadroot.com\D:WARNUNG: "\\esestubckp02.ese.winadroot.com\D:\DIV\DB\GS01\Backup\SoftalkBusinessServer_backup_201206091800.bak" ist beschädigt. Dateiprüfung nicht möglich.

Element \\esestubckp02.ese.winadroot.com\D:\FUR\Home\sandra.heil\Outlook\Archiv 2011.pst konnte nicht gelesen werden - übersprungen.

WARNUNG: "\\esestubckp02.ese.winadroot.com\D:\MGL\Users\Maibaum\!Archiv Outlook\Archiv Maibaum blanko.pst" ist beschädigt. Dateiprüfung nicht möglich.

Sichern- esestubckp02.ese.winadroot.com - Snapshot: Initialisierungsfehler auf: "\\esestubckp02.ese.winadroot.com\D:". Snapshot: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

V-79-10000-11165 - Snapshot meldet "Nicht genügend Arbeitsspeicher".

WARNUNG: "\\esestubckp02.ese.winadroot.com\D:\DIV\DB\GS01\Backup\SoftalkBusinessServer_backup_201206091800.bak" ist beschädigt. Dateiprüfung nicht möglich.

Element \\esestubckp02.ese.winadroot.com\D:\FUR\Home\sandra.heil\Outlook\Archiv 2011.pst konnte nicht gelesen werden - übersprungen.

WARNUNG: "\\esestubckp02.ese.winadroot.com\D:\MGL\Users\Maibaum\!Archiv Outlook\Archiv Maibaum blanko.pst" ist beschädigt. Dateiprüfung nicht möglich

CraigV

Mmm...OK, so seeing as how your backups are already broken, you MIGHT want to investigate installing SP1 to see if this fixes anything. If you have remote servers, push-install the updates to them.

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

Unfortunatley not, I installed SP1 for BE already last week to see if it fixes anything.

I just found an interesting Option which maybe helps.
Backup Open Files: Never
I also changed the Snapshot Option to : Allow VSS to select the snapshot provider.

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

the problem still exists, even after the "Expert" from Symantec tried to fix the problem. According to the Expert the VSS provider is damaged, I have to contact MS for a fix.
All neccessary VSS updates are installed?? 

I tried to install SP1a, but I end up with a error message!

I am so close to give up!!

CraigV

...running SP1a's installation manually or through LiveUpdate? Or both? What error are you getting? And have you stopped your AV while trying to install the SP?

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

Hi Craig, 

I tried both, I ran the liveupdate and installed it manually. The installation finished ok, but in the Event Log you could see Error 1603.
When you check "installed updates" within BE, I only can see SP1.

There is no AV installed on this machine anymore.

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

Complete Error Message:

Product: Symantec Backup Exec - Update 'Symantec Backup Exec (Service Pack 1a)' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Windows Installer can create logs to help troubleshoot issues with installing software packages. Use the following link for instructions on turning on logging support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=23127

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

CraigV

...mmm...I've hit the support flag, but would encourage you to open a support case with Symantec too if you have support in place.

Also check the Known Issues section to see if this is listed there, and vote it up!

Thanks!