cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered

inAkola
Level 3

Our back up guys is on vacation so I was assigned but I have very limited knoweldge of backup. Got couple of errors and one is 

Final error: 0xe000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65078

one of the .Bin file is corrupt thats what it says in log. 

WARNING: "XXXX.BIN" is a corrupt file. 
This file cannot verify.

I did some gogole searching but was not able to find any answers. There is registry hack but I am new so I do not want to touch anything on the registry side. error is on W2k Server and I am running back Exexc 12.5. 

I guess it ran fine in daily but I got this error on weekly backup. 

thanks and will appreciate any help. 
3 REPLIES 3

inAkola
Level 3

anyone?

teiva-boy
Level 6

Your first step is to identify this file on your network, and see if it's truly corrupt or not.  Perhaps it was locked or in use, thus found to be corrupt?  

Then prioritize this file.  Is this file critical to an application or data set?  Or is this some non-essential file?  

Then try to perform your backup again, but using different media.  Try a simple backup job selecting just the directory and all files within where this *.bin file is located, and backup to disk.  Then perform a verify.

An error about a corrupt file can mean anything.  You first need to analyze the errors, prioritize its significance, then research, duplicate error, and troubleshoot further.

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

"Corrupt data encountered" (a000fe36 HEX or e000fe36 HEX) is reported when a backup job fails

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH90739

A Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) enabled backup job fails with the error "0xe000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered. See the job log for details.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH70514