cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.1 and Mac Agent : 3rd time asking

Barry_DeZonia
Level 4
I am having a difficult time getting an answer to a simple question.

Document 278254 claims 10.1 is compatible with Mac OS 10.4 (and it appears to imply that happens with a legacy agent). When you look at software updates and downloads (and specifically agents) for 10.1 there isn't a Mac or Unix agent; only a Netware agent. The last release of the Mac Agent (document 269806) does not say it will work with 10.1.

So can 10.1 backup my Mac 10.4 server or not? How? Why are people reluctant to answer this question?

Please respond Symantec. I've been stuck for months. I am still using 10.0 until I know 10.1 can backup my data on the Mac.
3 REPLIES 3

Jason_McColl
Not applicable
The MacOSX agent comes with the install files and is located within the Agents folder of the install (generally C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Agents\MacOSX)

There is a tar file located within this path which is the Agent, the same applies for the UNIX Agent.

Regards,
JM

Barry_DeZonia
Level 4
Symantec, care to weigh in? Again it seems like you are reluctant to answer.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

As given in the document http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278254.htm , you can backup 10.4 server with BE 10.1 , when Legacy Linux/UNIX/Mac is installed as per Compatibility List !!

Also perform the steps as Jason has replied earliar ...

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query

Thank you
Gauri