cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10(d) Configuration and Settings Backup

Jack_Dorsey
Level 5
Greetings,

My corporation is preparing to upgrade to 11(d). I would like to backup all of my settings, configurations, backup/restore options, etc. before the upgrade for obvious reasons. Looking through the Tools menu I see nothing covering this. Looking through the File options I see nothing covering this.

Are all of the settings and configurations located in one file that I can make a backup copy of? If so, what is the name of that file? What I'm trying to do is in case the upgrade fails, I want to have my settings backed-up somewhere so that I can simply install 10(d) on another server and place the config/settings file in the proper directory so that we don't skip a beat.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.
Cheers, J
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See http://support.veritas.com/docs/268315

By default the BEDB.BAK file is created every night

Jack_Dorsey
Level 5
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the speedy response. So, just making sure that I understand you correctly, the bedb.bak file is something that I can import into a 10(d) installation in order to go back to a certain configuration point?

Cheers, Jack

EDIT: Nevermind...I just imaged the OS partition as a complete fail-safe. After reading through the 11(d) "Issues" thread *shudders* I had no choice but to have a complete fall-back point. I'm a little scared after reading all those posts, but I keep telling myself I'm better than all those people and those issues won't happen to me. Right.Message was edited by:
Jack Dorsey