cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10d Upgrade Issues

Jay_Waschak
Level 3
Hello,

Recently we moved to the new Symantec 10d version of Backup Exec after using other versions of Veritas for years. The licensing process was horrendous. After only sending us half of our licenses, I still have an open ticket regarding the complete order. None the less, I do need some trouble with a technical issue.
After the upgrade to 10d, I found we cannot access the ISA 2004 server with the Backup Exec program. We can install the Remote Agent by using the manual install, however, it does not appear on the list of servers to be backed up. I am also unable to copy data via BE to tape from the ISA Server. We could back it up before with no issue back on 9.X
In addition, any archiving job we do fails if we use the share name as the archive point. We have to specify the entire UNC for the job to archive anything. Has anyone encountered similar problems? I have read the forum for similar responses, and am running the service as the correct account. The new software is nice, once I got the licensing squared away, but some of these issues are hard to work with.

Thank you for the help.
25 REPLIES 25

Jay_Waschak
Level 3
Thanks for the tip. I will try it and let you know.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Awaiting for the results.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Peter_G__Lee
Level 3
Jay, I had the same issue when moving to 10.0. The problem is the ISA 2004 Firewall Policy. You need to create 2 rules:

1. Allow, All Outbound Traffic, Local Host to Internal
2. Allow, All Outbound Traffic, Internal to Local Host

Now, I'm no ISA expert, so I don't know the security implications, but this is how I got my ISA 2004 Server backed up... if you want I can send you a screen shot of how the rule should look like: pgonzalez@mesalve.com

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello Jay,

Could you please Update us on the issue?

Thank You.

Shweta

Jay_Waschak
Level 3
Hello,

We ran all the Veritas updates, and pushed the agent out to the client servers again. Unfortunately the result is the same on all machines. Interestingly enough, I can connect to ISA and back it up with a job now, but the normal nightly backups, with the same selection fail with the old message. Unfortunately the archive function of the job doesn't work.

Thank you

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

What is the error message that you receive now?

Thank You,

Shweta