cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11d upgrade

Igor_Karasik
Level 3
Hi,
We plan to start upgrade from Veritas 9.1 to Veritas 11d.
I read all post related to 11d "disappointment", but anyway we want to try :)

The questions:
1) Is any KB document exists about scheduled job bug ? I don't see any related document in Symantec KB, only many complaints on the forum
2) I see hotfix 2 and hotfix 6 available. The question is where we can find hotfix 1, 3, 4, 5 ?
3) Any known issues with 9.1 -> 11d upgrade ? (want to hear from real customers...)
4) Anybody know if 11d service pack planned in near future ?

Thanks, Igor
11 REPLIES 11

Florida_Beach
Level 3
1) not aware of any.
2)the numerical value is irrelevant. You can run live update and it will display all of the available. I think all of the fixes are important at this time.
3)I went from 9.1 to 10d to 11d. I did have some Exchange issues, but the update solved my backup issue.
4)a service pack is a rollup of hotfixes and possibly a new hotfix included.

I didn't have any issues with my upgrade, but like I said.. I did have a minor Exchange issue and that is now solved.

I am happy and I am really enjoying the Exchange granular recovery option.

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Unless you have a compelling reason to upgrade I would wait 2 or 3 months until a few more patches are released.

There are people on this site who are going back to 10 because of the amount of bugs in 11d

Igor_Karasik
Level 3
Florida ,

thanks for the answer.

Our network doesn't have Internet connection, so we cannot use LiveUpdate
>>You can run live update and it will display all of the available
Which hotfixes you see now with LiveUpdate ?

Igor_Karasik
Level 3
>>Unless you have a compelling reason to upgrade I would wait 2 or 3 months until a few more patches are released.

We need at least two features of 11d:
- SQL 2005 backup
- win2003 R2 FSRM backup

and we cannot wait....

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
The hotfixes can be downloaded manually, go to the knowledge based search on the link bar on the left of this screen, choose backup exec for windows servers, then select downloads, you should find all the updates there. they are vital, but don't expect an easy ride.

Igor_Karasik
Level 3
Philip,
I know where download updates, I just misunderstand why I see hotfix 2 and hotfix 6 and don't see hotfix 1,3,4,5....

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Sorry, I misunderstood,

The others don't exist, either they have been rolled up in the later releases or their numbering is a bit off key, like my singing.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the issue?

Thank You,

Shweta

Florida_Beach
Level 3
The numerical value is irrelevant... I investigated this and what you are seeing is what was released.

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
I agree with Philip. I'd rather wait.

Be very careful with Exchange GRT because the backups are not affected by the overwrite protection periods as they should, so no GRT backups are overwritten and you could run out of disk space.

Regards

Igor_Karasik
Level 3
Thanks to all !
We decided to wait till sp1 will be released.
Scheduling bug seems to be very serious according forum threads, and no hotfix exist...