cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.5 Agent on 11d server

amontanez
Level 2
Hi,

I just purchased a Linux 12.5 BE Agetn, will this work on a 11.d (7170) Server? Or do I need to update my server installation to 12.5?

Thanks,
   Alex M.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
You will either need to downgrade the linux agent to 11d and download/install that one on the linux server, or upgrade the media server to 12.5.  Using the 12.5 RALUS agent will not work with an 11d media server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Probably won't work (though I've never tried) 

I do know that you can run a v11 Remote Agent with a v12 media server, but only "for the pupose of rollng upgrades"

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
You will either need to downgrade the linux agent to 11d and download/install that one on the linux server, or upgrade the media server to 12.5.  Using the 12.5 RALUS agent will not work with an 11d media server.

amontanez
Level 2
Thanks for your qucik answers, I will look into one of the two options.

MitchR
Level 6

General process for getting license keys for previous versions:

-Just go ahead and buy the current version of whatever you need.
-Try the license key anyway - sometimes they work.  The general rule is that they work for the current and the previous release.
-If not, call Customer Care at 1-800-721-3934. Ask for a license key for a previous version.
-Document both the current and the newly downgraded license keys! You'll need the new one if/when you ever upgrade.

Hope this helps....