cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.5 Domino remote agent & BEWS 11d

Jim_Pearson
Level 3
When trying to create a backup job for Domino, this error appears instantly when attempting to select DOMINO7
"An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of DOMINO7. A network connection to the server could not be established."

Environments:

Symantec Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers 11.0 Rev. 6235 Hotfixes as of 7/10/09 installed
Running on Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP2 The activation key for the new 12.5 agent has been entered.

Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility for Windows Systems 12.5 Rev. 2213.0 This agent includes Domino support
Target is Domino 7.03 running on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP2

Prior to the 12.5 agent, the Domino server used a 11d standard Windows server agent which did work, but of course did not backup Domino databases.  Tried connecting with the same logon used successfully with the 11d agent, and tried other available logons -- cannot connect with any of them.

While I no longer expected it to work, the old Domino job using the 11d agent is still available. Since installing the new agent, the old job connects (!) & runs (15GB), but ends with this error: "e000fec2 -- A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle." This is related to AOFO, which is not used, and not purchased.  The selections (currently everything) in the old job cannot be edited or accessed -- the same "connection" error as above appears.

So, I'm not sure if the problem is with the agent or elsewhere. I was told the 12.5 agent would work with BEWS 11d -- is that incorrect?

Thank you,
Jim
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
try contacting support to see if by providing the v12  Domino Agent serial, you can be issued a v11 Domino serial.  I know that Veritas used to do this,  Symantec probably will also

Just for grins, I'd also upgrade to v7170, it's almost a year newer than 6235
https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=30140

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
I was told the 12.5 agent would work with BEWS 11d -- is that incorrect?

That is incorrect. A 12.5 Media Server can backup an 11d agent, but not the other way around. You will either need to put the 11d agent on the server or upgrade the media server to 12.5.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
try contacting support to see if by providing the v12  Domino Agent serial, you can be issued a v11 Domino serial.  I know that Veritas used to do this,  Symantec probably will also

Just for grins, I'd also upgrade to v7170, it's almost a year newer than 6235
https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=30140

Jim_Pearson
Level 3
When I explained the situation to Symantec a while back, they issued an activation key which I assumed was for the 12.5 agent.  Your comment made me realize that the key must have been intended for the 11d agent.  After replacing the 12.5 agent with 11d, the .NSF backups & restores seem to be working.  Once some additional testing checks out, I'll apply 7170.  Many thanks!
Jim