cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1606 error cannot find network path IDR/Data

Bradley_smith
Not applicable
i currently have backp exec 10d installed on a small business server 2003 premium edition server, when i try to upgrad to backup exec 11d after putting in my key code etc and following through the on screen instructions, it will start to install. it gets so far then erros saying

1606 error cannot find network path IDR/Data

then closes the installation and says that setup did not complete successfully. any ideas?

in 10d under tools, options, idr. i have a remote location there with a full unc path and the drives are mapped to the server too. i have also tried deleting this path and turning idr off. any help would be much appreciated thank you
1 REPLY 1

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Check the values of these keys and set them to a valid local path. It would be best to set them to the default under the Backup Exec installation directory; I have added that information below the keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Alternate Data Path
(Default: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Data Path
(Default: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Path
(Default: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\)

Check this key and you may want to set it to 0 (meaning IDR is not installed) but recheck the key after upgrade to make sure it is set to 1 and the key will be in the new Symantec registry location and not the VERITAS location.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Installed