cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 days with Symantec Support

toddhunter
Not applicable

We have been a reseller of Symantec products almost 20 years, since it was Peter Norton and Norton Desktop Utilities. 

I have been dealing with Symantec Support for over a week  now and they have been TOTALLY INCOMPETENT -  to put it very politely. 

Some history:

My client purchased Backup Exec 12.5 with Exchange Agent for a Windows 2008 x64 system a while back.  After spending hours trying to get BE working with no success I contacted Symantec.   There was a bug in the software under Win28k x64 that was not publicly documented but Symantec knew about it.   It took almost 5 hours by the time we were done to get backups working. 

Current:

We recently had to reinstall the OS on the server and I experienced the same issues when re-installing BE so I contacted Symantec requesting a patched version that would work.  That was 9 days ago.  My client has not had backup of there data or Exchange system in 2 weeks. 

They say they did not receive all my emails. But when I provide mail server logs showing the messages were delivered so they could have there admins check into why  they simply do not respond.  The Senior Rep Jordan after EIGHT days of working with them sends me a download link to the SAME broken version of BE 12.5. 

I have worked with:

Cherry  rep

Jordan Senior rep

Brian corporate offices

Anitta support

Andy rep

Bill senior rep

My client paid for a working version of BE with the Exchange Agent.  What they got does not work.  It has cost my client a CONSIDERABLE amount of money dealing with a KNOW BUG in BE. 

After being on the phone for and  hour and a half this morning Bill the senior rep said he would have someone higher up call me back later!!!! 

So now after 9 days I have no resolution and my client has not backup.

1 REPLY 1

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

can you send me a private message with the case number of your support case?