cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD System State backup access denied

Jeff_Belt
Level 2
Hi

I am trying to do a remote AD backup of a DC from BE11, all of which have W2003 SP1.

When the system state is being backed up (to tape) it comes up with the following error.

V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied

The suggestions from BE aren't very useful.

However, if i do a remote backup of the same server\system state to disk it all works correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff
8 REPLIES 8

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

- Could you give us the exact complete Error message?

- Does backing up of other Remote Resources like local drives to tape go through fine?

- Do you see any errors in the event logs?

Thanks
Regards

Steve_Strunk
Level 2
I am having the same issue doing a remote backup of AD. We however are trying to backup to disk. I do not have a tape drive to attach to the server to see if that works. I have reinstalled both the server and agents from scratch, and also have adjusted the settings of the jobs to see if it had something to do with the aofo or abd features. I have checked the event logs on a few of the AD servers and the virusscan logs as well and saw nothing.

Steve_Strunk
Level 2
Sorry, meant to include this in the last post... Here is the errors and other things back up fine from those servers.

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928

Backup- \\***ad01.***.org\System?State \\***ad01.***.org\System?StateV-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory and its subdirectories.
Backup- \\***ad02.***.org\System?State \\***ad02.***.org\System?StateV-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory and its subdirectories.
Backup- \\***ad03.***.org\System?State \\***ad03.***.org\System?StateV-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory and its subdirectories.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Do you receive any event ids in the event logs?

-- Did you try the backup of the system state using Nt backup?

Thank You,

Shweta

Steve_Strunk
Level 2
I did use NT backup and was sucessful with no errors.

There were no errors in the event log, but here are some of the entries in it....

-------------------------AD LOG-------------------------
System Log

The Volume Shadow Copy service was successfully sent a start control.

The Volume Shadow Copy service entered the running state.

The File Server Storage Reports Manager service was successfully sent a start control.

The File Server Storage Reports Manager service was successfully sent a start control.

The Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider service was successfully sent a start control.

The Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider service entered the running state.

The File Server Storage Reports Manager service entered the stopped state.

The Volume Shadow Copy service entered the stopped state.

Application Log

lsass (680) Shadow copy 6 freeze started.

lsass (680) Shadow copy 6 freeze stopped.
------------------------END LOG-----------------------------

----------------- Backup Server Log-------------------------

beremote (1604) The database engine 5.02.3790.2555 started.

beremote (1604) The database engine stopped.
------------------------END LOG-----------------------------

James_Rudley
Level 3
Jeff,

I had the same problem before..This is a permissions issue in the registry. I take it you are not using the Administrator account for the be service? It has its own account?

Justin_Bell
Level 4
Hey guys, I'm having the same problem. I looks to me like there are 4 or 5 objects that can't be backed up. I'm using the domain admin account so it should have everything.

-Justin

Garen_Keshishia
Level 4
Go in to your Selection List and manually set the logon account for every resource. Don't let the resources inherhit a logon account.