cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO Backup Error

Mat_Ashmore
Level 4

Hi, I am running Backup Exec 10d, Version 10.1 Rev 5629 & have started to come across the following error on one of my servers ;

\\SERVERNAME\C: OS

AOFO: Not enough disk space on the device running the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) to create or increment the cache file.

To increase the initial size and maximum size of the cache file, use the AOFO Wizard on the Tools |Wizards menu.

I have been through the AOFO wizard & all the settings are as follows ;

Cache file path:  Default location
Initial cache file size: Auto Calculate
Maximum cache file size: Auto Calculate
Minimum quiet time: 5 seconds
Maximum quiet time: 2000 seconds

Any pointers?

6 REPLIES 6

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6

It is probably just what it says. You probably have it set to create the cache on the C-drive, and there is not enough space.

What OS are you using? Windows 2000?

Message Edited by Kevin Cotreau on 01-06-2009 02:26 PM

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6
Also, that wizard should give you the option to change the location of the AOFO store. That should take care of it. I am a bit hazy though since I don't remember all the details of 10d.

Mat_Ashmore
Level 4

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the quick response.  That was my initial thoughts also but when running the AOFO wizard it says the following;

"by default, the cache file is placed on the volume with the most free space that is not being snapped by the AOFO backup.  If the volume being snapped is the only volume with available space, then the cache file is placed there."

The option is checked for "use default" & my disk stats for the server its erroring on are as follows ;

C:\ Total 19.9GB Free 8.55GB

D:\ Total 255GB Free 23.5 GB

E:\ Total 199GB Free 130GB (Drive not included in backup job)

So with my settings applied as they are if its doesnt have enough space it should use the E drive...

Its very odd.

Thanks in advance...

The server in question is running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2

Message Edited by Mat Ashmore on 01-06-2009 11:38 AM

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6
I would not care if it finds it on its own, I would uncheck use default and set it to E: in this case. If that doesn't work, then you will know for sure that it is some other problem.

Mat_Ashmore
Level 4

point taken...  the backup is about to trigger so i will leave it for tongiht, check for the same message in the morning & make the required changes.

thanks.

Mat_Ashmore
Level 4

the backup went through ok last night.  maybe re-running that wizard kicked it.

i'll keep an eye on things & see if it comes back.

cheers

[Edited in compliance of the community rules and regulations.]

Message Edited by Brad_C on 01-08-2009 11:07 AM