cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATL L500 Error 0xa000820e

Curtis_Hamilton
Not applicable
This setup is on a windows 2000 server (fresh re-install) Tape library has never been setup on this system before. Updated from 9.0 to 9.1 downloaded and updated with new veritas tape drivers. Adaptec AHA-3944AUWD Host controller card. Library says SCSI -DIFF on the back, with a Amphenol 46174 Terminator. I am able to do manual slot to drive moves and visa versa, from the devices on screen menu. When opening BE the library initilizes. I can see the tapes in the Devices in BE, when I try to inventory any of them I get a failed job and ERROR 0xa000820e. If I through the ATL on screen menu insert a tape into the drive I can see it once I refresh devices in BE. I am not our system admin as you can tell, we are a man down; but I have been tasked to get this up and running. Somthing is wrong with the communication between the Library and Drive. Veritas drivers for the Tape Drive and Unknow Media Changer for the Library. I am starting to wonder if I have the right SCSI card, but I can see the media in the slots in BE's Devices, or is it getting this information from the ATL memory? I am at a loss. Any information would be helpful !!!
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Curtis,

- Could you give us the Error message?
- Also check for any alerts or errors under the event logs

Thanks
Regards