cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied error

Larmire
Level 2
About one week ago our backups began giving a 'Job Failed' status. When viewing the logs, the error message appears as - "Access denied to file (name of user).Top of Information Store.Contacts" It seems that every user's contacts are being omitted from the backups. Luckly we haven't had to restore anyone's mailbox. No changes - that we can think of- were made other than Microsoft Tech Support guys remoted in the look at a possible SPAM issue. Any ideas what changes could have been made to produce this error?
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you log on as the backupexec service account, can you attach to one of these mailboxes and open the contacts?

if not, I'd say you need to call Microsoft back and re-open your trouble ticket and tell then that they broke your backups and they need to fix it.

If you can open the contacts that way, try re-creating the job and selection list.Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

As you have mentioned that you are getting access denied error and that "contacts" are being omitted please
1. try rebooting the exchange server
2. Please check whether any anti-virus is accessing the information store at the same time when you are trying to back up.
3. If you have enabled spam mail scanner then please disable it during backup

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked 'assumed answered' and would be moved to 'answered questions' pool.

Scot_Webb
Level 2
I am having the exact same problem and have not been able to find a solution. In the exceptions list it looks like there may be some corruption. I have rebooted the server and ran some test backups during the day with the same results on the contacts. Does anyone have any suggestions on this

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Since you are getting access denied error please try creating a new logon account according to the technote given below:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/242606.htm

Also while restoring select the same account in resource credentials and then verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Scot_Webb
Level 2
Ok, I created a new backup account and tried it again with the same results. As a test I deleted all messages and contacts from the Administrator's mailbox and then ran another backup. It was successful. I went into Outlook 2003 and created one new contact and ran the backup again. It then failed with the same type error.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Have the above solutions been of any help. Please let us know the result of each step.
- If you deleted the contacts and all the messages of the mailbox, what did you backup?
- As earlier you were getting error messages on contacts, where are you getting the error messages now?
- Please specify the exact error message.
- Did you contact Microsoft Tech Support?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.