cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied to Exchange Server

Shawn_Spooner
Level 2
Hello everyone, My problem is a bit differant then most of the access denied post I have seen. When I set up the brick level jobs I can view the mail boxes and their sub folders. I can also restore the mailboxes.(All of them are getting backed up). I can also test the credentials on the test job and they all work. But I get this everytime

Network control connection is established between *
Network data connection is established between *
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.

Access denied to directory .
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.
Network control connection is established between *
Network data connection is established between *

Anyone know why it is doing that on the first time it tries to connect to the exchange server. It seems that the second attempt is working as all of the data is backed up. This was working well until about a week ago. So I do not think it is a user/rights issue as none of the user permissions have changed.
Thank you for any help.
8 REPLIES 8

Aleks_Maksimovi
Level 3
Hi

Does this error only happen when you backup the mailboxes? What happens if you backup C drive only or the system state or just the IS do they work or same error? Have you tried recreating the job? Also to pin point the issue try enabling more detailed logging in Backup Exec by going to TOOLS, OPTIONS, JOB LOGS, and selecting "Summary information, directories, and files processed"

Hope this helps!

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

What is the version of Exchange you are using ?

Is it installed on the same server as Backup Exec or on a remote server ?

What is the exact error code mentioned in the job log ?

What rights have you given to the account which is used for backing up Exchange server ?

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Shawn_Spooner
Level 2
Thanks for the suggestions, The backup of C:\ works fine. I will try an email backup now.

I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. Backupexec is on a remote server. The exact error code is V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.

The account has full domain admin rights, and full rights to all mailboxes in exchange. The account can view the boxes

Thanks again.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to paste the exact error message as in the job log.

Also please refer to the technote below to resolve this error.

(title) How to configure a Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and 2000 individual mailbox backup for Backup Exec 8.x, 9.x or 10.x software
http://support.veritas.com/docs/249456

Aslo verify that the remote agent service is running under local system account on the remote as well as the media server.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Shawn_Spooner
Level 2
Here is the error code from the full backup.

Backup- \\*\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory 훘ພ兠ชB18A5781F56C108AF5283691F35E0429DA495AAAEDFA6C.
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.

I am able to backup a single mailbox and files from the server without any errors. Is there any way to locate the file that it is looking for? The remote agent is running and the backup does run to completion. I have verified the mailbox backups to see that they have been run and I am able to restore from them. The log of the mailbox backups does not list any problems.

Thanks,

Eli_Spaans
Level 4
Does your Backup Exec Services account have the proper Rights on the Exchange Server?

First Administrative Group --> Rightclick --> Delegate Control --> Service Account has got Exchange Administrator Rights.

Shawn_Spooner
Level 2
Thank you for the reply. Yes the services are running under an account which can administer exchange. I am still getting the error. But like before all of the boxes are getting backed up.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please launch the sgmon before running the backup job.

Please refer the following technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190979.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.