cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specifie

Chris_Chandler
Level 3
Version 9.1 running on a 2K3 Standard Server.

Backups have been running fine for a while, then recently I get the error "Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device."

Wierd thing is that this job is trying to backup ITSELF.

IE, the job selection is basically C:\*.*
And it claims it can't attach to the REMOTE agent????????

I've checked the accounts, checked permissions, re-entered the passwords for each BE service, restarted them and pretty much everything short of a reboot (which is tough to do....production server).

Any suggestions??
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As of v9, all backups are done through the "Remote" agent, even local backups.

As for the rights thing. Is the Agent service running under the local system account or a named account?

Chris_Chandler
Level 3
I suspected that it might use the remote agent locally.

I've tried both a local system account and the BE domain admin account.

Ideas??

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/243898.htm

if that doesn't help, I'm out of ideas

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
- You have said that the Problem Started suddenly. Were any changes made to the system which might have caused this Problem? Or any Rights changes?
- Under what account are your Services Running?
- The error Message mentions Specified Device. Does the Job log have any Details about what Device?
- Can you elaborate on the point when you say 'trying to backup ITSELF'. is it a local C: selection?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can try creating a new account in Backupexec with appropriate Permissions, and using that for backups.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Tom_Clark_2
Not applicable
Actually I'm having the sort of the same problem. But my issue is with a remote box. The remote agent is installed and I've tested the login it is running under on that computer. The backups were working before we changed the ipaddress on the network. All other remote agents are working. This box is an exchange server but the exchange option is not installed on the media server. However the orginal backup strategy was working.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
TC

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Mr Clark,

Please ensure that the remote agent on remote server is running under the local system account.
Is it the same error that you are getting as mentioned by Mr Chandler ?

Regards

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.