cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied !

Azhar_Ali
Level 4
Hi,

What could be the reason for the following error that is logged in after unsuccessful backup.

Event ID:34113
Date:8.2.2005
Time:13:15:55
User:N/A
Computer:SRV100
Description:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "SRV100") (Job: "Backup 5") Backup 5 -- The job failed with the following error: Access is denied.

Below is the log file from Veritas.

Completed status: Failed
l
Job Information
Job server: SRV100
Job name: Backup 5
Job started: 7. helmikuuta 2005 at 23:00:08
Job type: Backup
Job Log: BEX01017.xml

Device and Media Information

Drive Name: HP 1
Media Label: 4M000005
Media GUID: {6AF01B8C-B71A-4D77-A8DF-359515888}
Overwrite Protected Until: 13.2.2005 7:09:58
Appendable Until: 31.12.9999 0:00:00
Targeted Media Set Name: 1MA

Job Operation - Backup

Backup Options
Media operation - overwrite.
Hardware compression enabled.

Job Completion Status

Job ended: 8. helmikuuta 2005 at 13:15:54
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa0008488 - Access is denied.

Final error category: Security Errors

Please let me know what else information is required in order to sort out this problem.

Thanks in advance !
9 REPLIES 9

Azhar_Ali
Level 4
Hi Again,

Just want to add that this backup job has been sucsseful and unscuessful (Failed / Cancelled Time out), during last 2 months histroy.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Forgive me if I am simply missing it, but what exactly are you trying to back up?

Also, the Auto Cancellation feature is a time limit you set for a job to complete in. If it exceeds that amount, it will cancel the job even if nothing was wrong. If that happens to any of yoru jobs regularly, just increase the amount of time on that setting by an hour or two.

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

This may happen if the logon account used to backup the resource does not have sufficient rights to backup the resource.

In order to resolve the issue, please refer to the following technote:

- "Access is denied" (a0008488 HEX or e0008488 HEX) is reported when a job fails

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266178.htm

We hope this will help.

Azhar_Ali
Level 4
Hi Sandeep,

Out of last 6 backups, 4 has gone successfully and backup was failed for only 2 times. I have gone through the logs again and below is the detail of event that has occured most frequently.
Event ID:478
Date:8.2.2005
Time:10:57:17
User:N/A
Computer:SRV100
Description:
Information Store (2248) The streaming page read from the file "D:\mdbdata\priv1.stm" at offset 1941700608 (0x0000000073bc0000) for 3135 (0x00000c3f) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 785318078 (0x2ecf00be) and the actual checksum was 1199437131 (0x477df54b). The read operation will fail with error -613 (0xfffffd9b). If this condition persists then please restore the database from a previous backup.

210, 220, 221, 217 etc.

Azhar_Ali
Level 4
Hi denynumb,

It is normal data backup. The issue is not with time limit. I have posted a message and put the details there and pls let me know if you can help in figuring out the issue or if u needed any further detail then pls let me know.

Thanks

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
Event ID 478 containing error -613 is due to either a software conflict or a hardware issue on the Exchange 2000 server. This error frequently occurs when third party Exchange 2000 utilities are installed, which are designed to augment or change the functionality of Exchange. These errors generally only occur during backup, as this is when the mailbox stores are most taxed.

In order to rule out the possibility of a software issue, all third party Exchange utilities must be uninstalled. Following uninstall, a reboot must be performed. Stopping services for Exchange utilities is not sufficient, as many employ filter drivers designed to operate independently of the program's service.

Most frequently, this issue is encountered when GFI Mail Essentials is present on the Exchange 2000 server. Of course, other programs of this type have the capacity to cause the same problem.

XmagnusX
Level 2
Could a Blackberry (PDA server) located on another server comunicating to the Exchange server be causing this?

Blackberry should not be installing anything on the Exchange server but that is the only software we have installed in our environment since the problem started.

thanks

Magnus

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Can you please update us on this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply