Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Upgrade Questions

dori_bashan
Level 6

Hi

Assuming i will upgarde from BE 2010 R3 to BE 2014,

1. In order to restore old jobs (not active), do i need to re-catalog the tapes? or i will be able to direct-restore?

2. on active jobs that run every day, based on full and incremanetal with True Image Restore, will i be able to maintain the active daily incremental jobs without running Full backup first after the upgarde?

Thanks

Dori

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew_Serna
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Dori,

In response to your questions above.

1. In order to restore old jobs (not active), do i need to re-catalog the tapes? or i will be able to direct-restore?

If this will be an in place upgrade the current catalogs will upgrade along with the rest of the install, so no you will not need to re-catalog the tapes, yes you will be able to restore from them.

2. on active jobs that run every day, based on full and incremanetal with True Image Restore, will i be able to maintain the active daily incremental jobs without running Full backup first after the upgarde?

With synthetic backups I recommend running a new baseline then subsequent incrementals.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew_Serna
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Dori,

In response to your questions above.

If this will be an in place upgrade the current catalogs will upgrade along with the rest of the install, so no you will not need to re-catalog the tapes, yes you will be able to restore from them.

With synthetic backups I recommend running a new baseline then subsequent incrementals.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you do a major upgrade, it is better to do a full backup afterwards because there may be new metadata added to the backup set by the upgrade.  This is regardless of whether you are using True Image or not.

dori_bashan
Level 6

Thanks!