cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After installing Service Pack 4 for BE 9.1 4691...

Nelson_Nakamits
Level 4
Hi,

I just installed service pack 4 and the remote agent files are in the NT folder, why? Veritas website says it should be in:Remote Agent for Windows Servers:
Under C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\RANT:

This puzzles me! When doing a silent install of the agents, I copy the RANT32 folder to the local c: drive and then run the setupaa.cmd. I'm just wondering if these files aren't in the right place, will it still work properly? Can somebody please enlighten me?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Can you please elaborate on the problem ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Nelson_Nakamits
Level 4
Your posted info re: service pack 4 lists the files that will change---and the one I'm concerned with are the agents. You say that the changed agents reside in the NT folder and I checked and they are there and look okay according to the dates, etc. My problem is, when I do a silent install on our clients---I copy the RANT32 folder (in the AGENTS folder) and all the files and do a install locally. These so called changed files are not included in the RANT32 folder. How are we suppose to update each client's agent as you suggest we do? Or does a silent install somehow reference these changed files and all we have to do is update the BEWS Server?

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

TO update the remote agent you have to just perform a silent install.
Please see the technote below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265736

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Nelson_Nakamits
Level 4
Thanks for the reply. Okay, I just need to do a silent install? Next question, does that mean I need to do a silent install again? Even if the agent was already installed silently before? Does this mean that each time you update service packs, silent install of agents need to be done again?

thanks.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Nelson,

It is a well acknowledged situation that the documentation is incorrect. Please use the path you have found.

All advise pertaining to a silent install is a "default answer" anyone gets when they mention a service pack.