cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All jobs to tape hang on Verify operation

DanP
Level 2

New install of 12.5 plus updates on a new Win2k3R2 Server. All tape jobs will hang on Verify operation (with no progress indicated). Have to stop the Job Engine in order to try to recover, usually have to reboot the server, server will sometimes lock on reboot attempt. If jobs to tape are done without Verify they run successfully. If jobs are done to B2D folder with verify they also complete fine.

Tape Drive is a Sony SDX-470V with latest firmware revision applied. Vendor diagnostics all pass. I've tried using in turn the Symantec drivers as well as vendor-provided and the issue is consistent in either case.

Anyone encounter anything like this? Ideas?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DanP
Level 2

By putting the tape drive on a separate add-on SATA controller rather than try to run it off the onboard SATA/RAID controller (I know, never a good idea to try to run a tapedrive off the same controller driving a RAID but it was not my call) the issue went away.

For the sake of completeness in case it is useful to anyone else, the system in question is a SuperMicro 743TQ-865B with Supermicro C2SBC-Q system board.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DanP
Level 2

By putting the tape drive on a separate add-on SATA controller rather than try to run it off the onboard SATA/RAID controller (I know, never a good idea to try to run a tapedrive off the same controller driving a RAID but it was not my call) the issue went away.

For the sake of completeness in case it is useful to anyone else, the system in question is a SuperMicro 743TQ-865B with Supermicro C2SBC-Q system board.