cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying SP-4 to Version 10.0 rev. 5484

George_Schroe1
Not applicable
I cannot apply this SP no matter what I do. I keep getting the incredibly annoying pop-up box that Backup Exec is still running. I have stopped the process and everything else. PLease don't tell me it is complaining about its OWN process???

Nice to see that Backup Exec is still the very worst piece of software around. No, I take that back. Powerchute is still Numero Uno...
3 REPLIES 3

Kunal_Ganguly
Level 3
SP4? I thought SP3 was the latest!

I am tempted to agree about powerchute - the older version's processes pcbeagent and pcbserver (or something similar) can bring a server to its knees. I have had to disable those in safe mode numerous times on numerous servers. The latest version 12.x is wayyy better.

Steve_TYiybg
Level 4
Well you probably have the console open on the server and your installing thru terminal services.

Bring up the task manager and look at the processes and make sure you check the box for show all processes.

Look for bkupexec.exe

If its so bad then switch to something else

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

You can directly upgrade to BE v10.1 rev 5629.

Please refer the following technete:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/279332.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
Deepali Badave