cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to re-apply 9.1 upgrade to 9.0

sengebr
Level 2
Good afternoon.

I am attempting to re-apply a 9.1 upgrade to the 9.0 server I have running, but it keeps asking me something about the original BEWS install media to re-apply transforms.

What is happening, and how do I get around this?  I have to re-install, because something became corrupted on my install and my backup server is now saying something about a license violation and not supporting this Windows platform.

Help please...

-Steven E.
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As long as you have the \Catalogs Directory and the BEDB.BAK database backup, I'd say remove Backup Exec (if you are prompted select, program files only)

Then  re-boot and install v9.1 with your v9.0 serials.  Then use BEUTIL to "Recover Config froma File" and point it at the BEDB.BAK file

(Be sure to apply SP5)

sengebr
Level 2
Ken, thank you for your help.  I was able to install after removing backup exec and then removing every registry entry that mentioned Veritas.

Now I am having a problem with "backup exec job engine is not responding" errors.  Any guess what could be causing this, or how to diagnose?

-Steven E.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Don't think I ever had that problem.  Did a couple of searches and didn't see anything that looked useful, sorry