cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication problems with firewall

Peter_Bira
Level 2
Hi,

I installed the remote agent on a server behind a firewall like in this documenation http://support.veritas.com/docs/265736.
Then I opend the ports 1000 and 24001-24025 on the firewall and configured Backup Exec to use this ports for network connection.
And now my problem: when I try to connect the user defined selections on the server behind the firewall I got allways an error that the user authentication failed. I use for this connection a local admin user.
I try this also on a server in the same network and it failed too.
Thanks for help.
2 REPLIES 2

Varsha
Level 6
This problem may occur due to insufficient access rights to the account, used for connecting to the target system .

This account should have administrative privileges. You may refer following steps for configuring backup of remote machines:

1) Create a new user on the remote machine. Make newly created user a member of local Administrator group only.

2) Start Backup Exec, create a Logon account with same username and password as that of newly created user. You may refer to following:

-Start Backup Exec

-Select Tools > Wizards > Logon account wizard

-Add new logon account, type in the credential for the new account.

-Make this account a common logon account.

-Complete the wizard.

3) Create new backup job by selecting remote machine and select this newly created account from window.

If while selecting the remote machine, it does not prompt for the credentials then after selecting the remote machine | select "resource credentials" | select existing logon account | click change and select the newly created logon account
You may refer to the following technote.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/250649.htm

Peter_Bira
Level 2
Thank You for your help!

The problem was that the "Remote Registry Service" on the remote server wasn't started.

Now everything ist workin fine.

Kind regards
Peter