cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Network Logon password change

Level 2
We would like to sweep a machine and change all the NT passwords and keep the applications in sync with this change. The one remaining application we are left with is this BE Network Logon credentials. I know there was a change tho the BEMCMD utility in 9.1that allows this to be accomplished via command line.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265768.htm

This is the same type functionality I am looking for on systems that are running earlier versions. I am sure this has been accomplished/and requested by other companies.

Please update me with any ideas, thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Matt_O
Level 3
Are you talking about resetting the service account passwords? If you need to edit the config (account details) of a service from the command line, you can SC.EXE - It's a Windows Resource Kit utility that can create, query and configure services (It comes as standard with XP and 2003).

Level 2
Actually, if you look at the link, I am referring to changing the password for the System Logon Account within VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers via an automated script.

Like the article mentions, this functionality has been added to the BEMCMD utility within the Backup Exec install, but I need to accomplish this on versions previous to 9.1 where this was added to the utility.

Thanks.