cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACKUP EXEC 11D & CPS 11D Same system

Gdhugga
Level 2
Hi,

I have CPS server running on my win 2003 std srv working just fine. I am not trying to install the Backup exec 11d but now its not letting me it says, You cannot install a backup exec media server on a system that has the backup exec remote agent for windows systems installed.

I however did have backup exec 11d on this system before co-existing with CPS but had to uninstall it as I had to purchase the library expansion option for 2 drives in the library.

My question is, Can they co-exist or not?

Gurm

2 REPLIES 2

Lou_Buffetta
Level 5
Employee
Hi

Yes you can install both BEWS and CPS on the same server but it's not recommended because of the impact it will have on that server's performance. The key thing to remember with CPS is to have the Journals located on a drive (as in an entire partition) that will not be backed up by BE.

However, you can't install BE on a server that has the remote agent on it. You will have to uninstall the remote agent before installing BE.

Gdhugga
Level 2
Thanks,

On the CPS Server the journals and system cache is located on different partitions then where the backup destination is, i understand thats what your saying?

However this is not the case on the CPA (remote machines which are being backed up) Should this be fixed ? if so how can I modify this ?

Gurm