cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Catalogs

warney76
Level 3
Hi all - i have noticed that on my c:\ that the catalogs folder for BE12.5 has got quite big and a job last night failed due to it not being able to catalog a file due to lack of space.  Is it possible to remove some of the earlier catalog files and if so is can i  do this through Backup Exec? Will this cause any problems in the future?

Thanks in advance

Warney
3 REPLIES 3

SureNot
Level 3
You can move them to another location, where you have enough disk space.
To do this you need:
1) Go to BEUtility.exe (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec)
2) Select "All Media Servers", right-mouse click on you server and select "Set job log and catalogs location..."
3) Write the path of your new location.
4) Restart all BE services.

I think that's not a good idea to delete earlier catalog files. Just move them.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi there

Firstly Catalogs are required to do a restore, but can be recreated from the backup media if you no longer have them.

However you can change the location of a catalogs folder to another volume so that it does not fill your drive (assuming you have space on another volume)

You can also set the Catalogs to only be kept for a set amount of time - which will stop them building up on the system.

Both settings can be found in Tools --> Options --> Catalogs

Note changing the path does not actually move the files - but once you have changed the path and restarted the services - you should be able to move the files across and restart the services again.

warney76
Level 3
Thanks Colin and Sonique - i have made the changes and will let you know how it goes :)

Many Thanks again

Warney