cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Exchange Staging Area Question

SOFTimpact
Level 4

Hi All,

I have a queston regarding the staging area which is used when performing a restore of Exchange from tape.

I know that the staging area needs to be the same size as the whole mailstore and is used when resoring from tape when the backup job uses GRT.

If the exchange backup didnt use GRT and is backed up to tape is a staging aread still needed for the restore. (does just restoring the mailstore from tape need a staging area)

I just need some clarification on the topic.

Thanks in advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
The staging area would only be needed if GRT was used and you are restoring an individual mailbox.  If you are are using GRT and you restore the entire store to an RSG then the staging area would not be needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
The staging area would only be needed if GRT was used and you are restoring an individual mailbox.  If you are are using GRT and you restore the entire store to an RSG then the staging area would not be needed. 

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
The staging are is not required when you are restoring a complete mailbox store , it is just required when you are doing a grt restore . So even if you restore a Mailbox store from a grt backup it would not required staging

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Be advised your default location is C:\Temp, so if your Exchange Information Store is quite large, you will need to change the temporary location.
You can do this in: Tools --> Options --> Microsoft Exchange.
Look under Microsoft Exchange 2000 and later, and change the: "Temporary location for log and patch files" to a drive and folder with enough space.

SOFTimpact
Level 4
Perfect, thanks for the answer RahulG