cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Exchange backup not working - Access Denied

macinslaw
Level 4
I keep getting the following failure regardless of what I do trying to backup Exchange 2007.  I have checked everything, all permissions and I just don't know why this is failing.

GRT backup set folder: \\My_server\Exchange\IMG000097
The consistency check of the snapshot for the Microsoft Exchange transaction log Logs was successful.
The consistency check of the snapshot for the Microsoft Exchange database Mailbox Database was successful.
Database  was not found, or could not be accessed.

Backup- \\My_exchange_server\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
Database was not found, or could not be accessed.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

macinslaw
Level 4
Sorry, man.  I finally called symantec support on this, and here was their conclusion:

The exchange management tools needs to be installed on the win 2000 server.  In order to install the management tools, another item is needed, I think it is a new .net framework.  Anyway, that piece is not supported on anything lower than 2003 server.  Sooooooo, I'm stuck until we upgrade that server.

-Mac

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi mac,

Try uninstalling your Exchange license, restarting your services, then reinstalling it again before restarting your services once more.
I've had something similar, but you also need to make sure your service account has a mailbox, and a unique name.
Something else to read over...

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288366.htm

CraigV
Any feedback here dude?

macinslaw
Level 4
Sorry, man.  I finally called symantec support on this, and here was their conclusion:

The exchange management tools needs to be installed on the win 2000 server.  In order to install the management tools, another item is needed, I think it is a new .net framework.  Anyway, that piece is not supported on anything lower than 2003 server.  Sooooooo, I'm stuck until we upgrade that server.

-Mac

CraigV
Shucks man, but at least you now know!