cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Looking for on wrong disk.

AtlasTC
Level 3

I have a client who recently had to replace their external B2D drives due to increased backup size. After the drives were replaced, I noticed that full backups were hanging during the verify process with an alert reading: "Please Insert Media 'B2Dxxxxxx (FLDRxxxxxx)' into the backup-to-disk device". They use two disks during the backup process and each disk is part of the same device pool. When I check the devices tab, I can see that BE is looking for that media on the wrong disk! I tried running an inventory on the disk in which the correct media is located, but BE refuses to look anywhere else. This happens every time a full backup (weekly) is done. I do not have this problem with nightly incremental backups. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I guess the B2D folder was just copied from the old disk to the new one.  Go to the B2D folder and delete the two files called folder and changer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I guess the B2D folder was just copied from the old disk to the new one.  Go to the B2D folder and delete the two files called folder and changer.

AtlasTC
Level 3

I'll give it a try.