cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Medium wird nicht erkannt, Kennzeichnen und löschen --> unzulässige Funktion

Bumblebeeman
Level 3

Hi!

Ich hab ein Problem mit BE 12.5 auf einem SBS2008 mit DLT-V4. Jeder BackupJob bricht nach der eingestellten dauer ab, da er das Band nicht erkannt hat. ER wirft es dann auch wieder aus. Wenn ich den Job abbreche(das Band bleibt dann drin) und versuche das Medium zu Kennzeichnen oder zu löschen, sagt er mir, das sei eine unzulässige Funktion. Inventarisieren geht zwar durch, aber er erkennt nicht das richtige Band(Mittwoch liegt drin und Woche3 wird erkannt).

Habt ihr da evtl eine Lösung parat?
8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified
After you put the tape into the drive, did you do an inventory on tape?  If so, was the tape recognised, i.e, show up in the drive in the Devices tab?

Bumblebeeman
Level 3

i did an inventory... but it tells the wrong name of the tape...

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you have the manufacturer's utility, run it to verify that the tape drive is working correctly.

Bumblebeeman
Level 3

i have tested... although i called the vendor, they sent me a new one... still the same problem...

when labeling the media, errorcode is 58053 and 34113

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Go to the BE installation directory and use tapeinst.exe to re-install the drivers for the tape drive.

2) Shutdown the media server.

3) Restart the tape drive

4) Start up the media server

5) Go to the Windows Device Manager and check that the tape drive is functioning correctly.

6) try again.

Bumblebeeman
Level 3
tried it... still the same

Bumblebeeman
Level 3

no one here who can help???

Bumblebeeman
Level 3

just tried to repair the database... nothing changed...