cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 error "Microsoft information store is not snappable"

Dmitry_Esarev
Level 4

Have a dedicated server with Backup Exec (x86) 12.5 rev.2213 SP4  with all fixes. Using for backup up Exchange 2007sp1 (x64)

The backup process start and running. Then after about 40Gigs of data it freezes and then interrupts with errors:

"Final error: 0xe0008507 - The volume cannot be snapped because the logical volume name cannot be found..."

Store\First Storage Group
V-79-57344-34055 - Note: Resource: "Microsoft Information Store" is not snappable. Attempting to bac...
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008507): The volume cannot be snapped because the logical volume name c... ...

the full logs is attached

To resolve the issue I'v tried this :

1. installed a hotfix Hotfix 319699 on be server and all recent fixes

2. have tuned the registry key on both servers (be and agent)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\BackupExec\Engine\Exchange]

"MonadRpcTimeout"=dword:00000e10

3. manually uninstalled BE agent on exchange and then installed it again via BE server's menu "install agents and  media servers"

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

If you're running AOFO in your job, turn it off, or split Exchange off from any file backups that need AOFO turned on. I'd also go 1 step further and run: vssadmin list writers - on your media server and Exchange server (if a separate server) to make sure the VSS writers are all stable and running. If not, you'll need to look at getting them stable. A reboot normally fixes it, but you might have to try reregistering the VSS *.dlls.

I'd also suggest checking the Symantec TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136306

Thanks!

Dmitry_Esarev
Level 4

many thanks for the answer.

the AOFO is turned off and BE agent is installed without this feature too.

the VSS writers are all stable and running

the registry key mentioned in given Symantec TN applied (as you could see in my original post ). Thus the selection list appears with a huge delay, but it is correct.

any more suggestions?

Dmitry_Esarev
Level 4

reinstall didnt helped :(