cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3 installed on workgroup

JerryLivePan
Level 3

Hello,

I've installed the BE 2010 R3 SP1 on a Host server which is also the media server.

The Host Server contained two Virtual Machines. 1. the SBS 2008 with Exchange 2007 and 2. Application server with SQL.

The Host server is on a workgroup and the two Virtual machines are on a Domain. The SBS 2008 is our domain controller and AD.

The Exchange job GRT enabled failed each time with error, could not extract email messages. I tried to install the Exchange Management Tools to the HOST server, not possible as it end with error saying NOT PART OF THE DOMAIN.

Is it possible to join the HOST server to the domain??? Then should the job successful after that. Please Help I'm new to Symantec Backup Exec

Regards,

JerryLP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...Then I'd suggest sorting out the MIcrosoft-side of things before looking at Backup Exec. Follow MS's best practices for your server and then report back here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes it is possible, once the server is part of the domain you need to update BE database.

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38988

CraigV

...you should simply be able to join the domain, and then use BEutility to change the service account details to a domain account with the appropriate priviledges...

THanks!

JerryLivePan
Level 3

Hello,

As per a Microsoft Forum, it is not recommended to join the Host Server to the Domain as it is dependent to the(VM) SBS server 2008, our DC and AD.

Please advise.

JerryLP

CraigV

...Then I'd suggest sorting out the MIcrosoft-side of things before looking at Backup Exec. Follow MS's best practices for your server and then report back here.