cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 upgrade - Email errors don't match to jobs

IsaacICSM
Level 3

Hi there,

I have upgraded BE from 2010 to 2012 and it has been quite a learning curve, however it is now mostly sorted.

One problem I have come across is that we are receiving email alerts (which is a good thing) about jobs which are apparently running that I can't identify in BE server itself (a bad thing).

The emails come through as below:

(Server: "MERCURY") (Job: "NAME Daily Backup- GFS-Daily Differentials - Wednesday\\titan.domain.com-Differential-4")
NAME Daily Backup-Name GFS-Daily Differentials - Wednesday\\titan.domain.com-Differential-4 -- 
The job failed with the following error: The script associated with this job contained no valid selections.

Now I have been weeding out the jobs which were being pointed to folders which were empty or nonexistant, however none of the jobs I have are labled that way any more - I have either re-named them in BE or deleted them as they were no longer relevent. At the moment, there is no job in the list from server Titan of a Differential-4. This particular server will always backup with exceptions (database logs fail due to them being backed up using ShadowProtect) but there is never an error in the BE window about invalid selections.

We are getting the same message from a different server as well however it is showing in BE that it was backed up successfully, with no exceptions what so ever.

Has anyone else come across this and how can I get through it?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you facing similar issue metioned in the below article.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184454

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB

Are you facing similar issue metioned in the below article.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184454

IsaacICSM
Level 3

Thanks very much for that - I did hunt around for an answer however never did find that one.

Thank you for the reply and sorry that I didn't look hard enough to start with!

AmolB

No Worries, Symantec Connect is here to help you smiley