cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9.0 Uninstall - Don't have media

John_Wilfong
Level 2
I have an older server from a recent aquisition. I need to uninstall the current BE 9.0 from the machine so I can load a remote client on the box and do a back to a different media server.

After the data is backed up the server is being wiped and put into our lab so it really doesn't matter what I need to do so strip this off the system. Windows 2000 Server is the OS and again, I don't have the media and it is asking for the install path when I attemp to remove it.

Please advise,
5 REPLIES 5

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
This question has been asked a few times before.

There IS a document featuring a list of files and registry keys to delete to forcibly remove this product.

However, Veritas will only hand it over to people who choose to pay for support.

I know, because I've argued over this with them before.

Unfortunately, I don't know any other way.

M_Cns
Level 4
You could try downloading the software from Veritas.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258718.htm

Unzip the file, run the uninstaller and point it to the unzipped location when prompted for the media.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Do you want to install remote agent on the server on which you had BEWS 9.0 Software installed and hence you want to uninstall BEWS 9.0 from that server ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

John_Wilfong
Level 2
Thanks for those of you that have responded. Just to answer the questions that have come up.

1. Yes, it has BE 9.0 on it now. I want to uninstall it so I can load the 10.0 remote agent and get a one time archive of the data so the box can be wiped and moved into our lab.

2. I read the many threads about the manual removal process and the fact that you have to purchase a support incendent to get the document for manual removal.

I would like to expand on this. First it is seems strange that the uninstall requres the media. And if this is the case that manual removal document should be public domain. It is bull that anyone should have to purchase anything to get this document.

Further, I am not bashing Symantec here. I am a very happy licensed user of NetBackup DataCenter 5.1 and BE 10.0. I just whole heartely dissagree with their stance on this issue.

If I had the media I would not have an issue. The folks that owned the company previously cannot find the media. I will attempt to do the download from the link provided. I am sure if it is the install package I will able to make it work.

Thanks for everyone's response.

John_Wilfong
Level 2
I downloaded the file from the link provided. And it failed on invalid installation package.

I am assuming this is because this server is a SBS server with an install that was done from "Small Business Suite". I tried to find that download in DOCs section of the web site but had not success finding it.

Any ideas on where I can get my hands on this build?