cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9.1 Tape Drive Support

K_Geary
Level 2
Hi,
I am running BE for Windows Ver 9.1 Rev 4691 on a Windows 2003 Stnd Edi server.

I would like to upgrade my tape drive to a Exabyte VXA-172 External Packet Tape Drive. (here is a link from CDW: http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=929036)

I may be having a bad reading day but I can't seem to find whether or not this drive is support by Ver 9.1. Does thre VXA automatically mean that it falls into the VXA-1 category?

Can anyone help me out with this.

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If it is not on the HCL, that just means that Veritas/Symantec has not tested it, not that it doesn't work.

As long as the device driver uses industry standard calls, you should be able to load the W2K3 drivers from the manufacturer and then tell BackupExec to use existing drivers when you run the hardware wizard

Also, if you try this and it doesn't work, Veritas/Symantec will (probably) tell you to open a paid instance, and then throw their hands up and say "it's not on the HCL"

Again, it SHOULD work with mfg drivers, but if it doesn't you are on your own, with a non-useable drive (unless you also upgrade to v10, which explicitly supports that model ;) )

K_Geary
Level 2
Thank you very much. You information was helpful.

Regards