cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Reset F&F Security (Very Urgent)

create_share
Level 6

Hi!

I connected my HP Storage to my BE 2012 Server installed on Windows 2008 R2 HP Server a few days ago. Everything was working fine but today when i restarted my BE Server it did not start and when i checked the screen it was running some CLI based commands something like "Resetting the Security for the files and folders on storage". After seeing this message i manually restarted the server immediately. After windows started i found that all the security attributes and permissions from the files and folders on HP Storage are gone and only Admin account was there in the list.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
i don't think this is a BE problem, and if it is something with BE, then it sounds like a restore was initiated by someone! BE won't tamper with file permissions unless they were restored! might also be worth your while to check the logs in BE & on your storage too! Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
i don't think this is a BE problem, and if it is something with BE, then it sounds like a restore was initiated by someone! BE won't tamper with file permissions unless they were restored! might also be worth your while to check the logs in BE & on your storage too! Thanks!