cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE not seeing Netware server

DanPearson
Level 2

I have an old Windows backup server that currently backs up Netware, Windows, and Linux boxes. I am moving it to a new Windows 2008 server. I installed BE 12.5 on the new server and everything works fine except it doesn't show the Netware server. I updated the advrtms.dat file on the Netware server adding the ip address of the new BE server but it still doesn't show it. Am I missing something? What do I have to do to get the Netware server to show on the new backup server?

Thanks,

Dan Pearson

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Dan

Have you checked the below article.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55235

DanPearson
Level 2

Thanks, I checked that and went through each step but still nothing. I did have to turn off the Windows firewall to be able to ping and telnet, but can now do that and still don't see the Netware server. This is a 64-bit version of BE, would that have any effect on backing up from Netware? Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

DanPearson
Level 2

Yes, that's the same KB article already mentioned. I went through each of those steps and they all check out okay, but I still can't see the Netware server in the list of available backup sources. Not sure where to go from here.

Dan