cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12, Exch2003 Error:

David_Polvere
Level 3
After many months of successful full backups i am now getting errors when backing one of our storage groups. When i look in the Backup-to-disk folder it looks like the backup was completed.

Backup Set Detail Information
Media Label: IMG000623
GRT backup set folder: H:\Daily Backup\T-T\IMG000623
Database  was not found, or could not be accessed.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 3:44:14 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\MAIL\Microsoft Information Store\Storage Group
Database was not found, or could not be accessed.

Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

This might be credential issue.

The Backup Exec Service Account must have following rights on the Exchange Server:
1  : Member of the Exchange Full Admin group
2  : Member of Local Admin Group if exchange is a member server
3  : must have an active mailbox and must not be hidden from the global address list

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Do you have the Exchaneg agent license installed? This would prevent access to the Information Store.
Otherwise, does that storage group still exist?

David_Polvere
Level 3
I will check the permissions. I do have the exchange agent installed. The funny thing is that the storage group is being backed up. If i go to restore i can select the storage group but It does have the symbol that shows an error, see below. At first i thought it was conflicting with the exchange maintenance schedule. When i changed that i had successful backups for a while. Then i changed the backup-to-disk folder and my next backup failed.

Untitled.jpg

David_Polvere
Level 3
I will check the permissions. I do have the exchange agent installed. The funny thing is that the storage group is being backed up. If i go to restore i can select the storage group but It does have the symbol that shows an error, see below. At first i thought it was conflicting with the exchange maintenance schedule. When i changed that i had successful backups for a while. Then i changed the backup-to-disk folder and my next backup failed.

Untitled.jpg

CraigV
H:\Daily Backup\T-T\IMG000623

Are you not perhaps running out of disk space, or have reached your limit?

David_Polvere
Level 3

The backup-to-disk folder sits in an iscsi san with plenty of space.

CraigV
OK, I am going to suggest you uninstall the Exchange agent license, restart your services, and then reinstall the license. Reinstall your agent again, and see if you can backup ONLY Exchange.
Have you loaded any patches on your backup server and not possibly pushed them out to your Exchange server?

CraigV
Any news on this one David?

David_Polvere
Level 3
Still having the same issue. I get a lot of Failed backups even though it is backing up the full 200+GB.

For a week i was getting successful backups everyday then failed backups everyday since with the odd successful.

Could it be when a certian user, perhaps with a corrupt mailbox, has their outlook open during a backup?

David_Polvere
Level 3
Also, it is not always the same storage group.