cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 - How to disable "Lotus Notes not supported" warning?

DieGoettlichen
Level 3
We recently upgraded to BE 2010 and now encounter the problem that Lotus Notes 6.5 is not supported anymore (wasn't with 12.5 either, but still worked). So we are doing a flat file backup now, however the warning still appears that the Notes version is not supported, tough I removed the license from the media servers. Is there any way to switch off that error like setting a registry key or something?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DieGoettlichen
Level 3
Yes, that is what the PMCS Support Hotline also mentioned to me, but they were unsure if the solution is still working for 2010. Anyway removing the Lotus Notes license from the media servers and BE complaining in the next backup that a license for that agent is missing, I readded the license again and removed all selection lists instead creating them from the scratch. That seemed to be the final solution. There must have been leftovers in the selection lists somehow which made BE try to backup the databases by Notes agent.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you select the Domino databases to backup, did you select them under the Lotus Domino Databases section or under a drive, like C:?  You should be doing the the latter.

DieGoettlichen
Level 3
Hello,

I choosed the latter one. I don't have the "Lotus Domino Databases" entry anymore since I upgraded the agents to 2010. I also tried to uninstall the license, but then it is complaining that two of my media servers are missing licenses (from which I uninstalled the license for the Notes agent) and the backup on those media servers doesn't start at all. On the CASO I can't for some reason remove the Notes Agent license. Well I can...but than it is listed under "trial" agents and I can't uncheck it, because the checkbox is grayed out, but checked. Isn't there some registry key I can switch on the media server or the client itself to avoid the message.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It could be that your environment that is causing the problem.  Can you disconnect the servers which previously has Lotus Agents from the CASO server and try again?

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Please check for that file in Backup Exec Remote Agent Directory.
Then rename it to *.old.
This .dll file is responsible for the Notes Agent funcionality, perhaps the warning disappears after renaming it.
Just a test, can not gurantee that it will work.

best regards

Dominik

DieGoettlichen
Level 3
Yes, that is what the PMCS Support Hotline also mentioned to me, but they were unsure if the solution is still working for 2010. Anyway removing the Lotus Notes license from the media servers and BE complaining in the next backup that a license for that agent is missing, I readded the license again and removed all selection lists instead creating them from the scratch. That seemed to be the final solution. There must have been leftovers in the selection lists somehow which made BE try to backup the databases by Notes agent.