cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010: Job Monitor Alert - 'Library Insert' but I don't use Robotic Library

jc-pro
Level 4
Partner

I have B2D folders setup in a pool for each backup job type.  Since I created the pool a few jobs alert me with the following:

I don't use a robotic library, just B2D folders.  How can I troubleshoot this issue?  Where to look?

Thanks

-j-

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Seems like a generic message. I've never seen a message stating that the B2D filess aren't overwritable...I HAVE seen a message stating that the B2D folder is out of disk space.

Troubleshooting should begin with your Append/Overwrite Protection Period settings on your respective media sets. Make sure they are correct. If not, the B2D files are retained for longer than they should be, meaning that they aren't returned to scratch...causing this sort of message to appear.

For a better understanding of these settings, check the link below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH5459

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I presume that your jobs target the new device pool and not the All Device pool.  Expand your device pool and make sure that all the devices in it are online and functioning correctly.

Lesta_G
Level 6

Craig is correct - that this alert will appear if the disk space is below the threshold specified in the B2D device.

If the other suggestions don't fix it, I have found that by putting the media ready to be overwritten for the relevent media set into the scratch media has solved this problem for me.

You just need to , over time , as they come up for overwriting put them into the scratch media set

e.g. if your media is set to overwrite after a month, you will need to rotate them over the month onto the scratch media pool