cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010R2 installed but not working

b_jab
Level 3
I have been testing BE2010R2 on a new server and keep getting a unknown error and backup stops seconds after starting.  I have a WS standard 2008R2 SP1 core installation with Hyper -V running with two VM's  WS2003 SP2 and WS2008R2 SP1.  Trying to back up to a HD on a workstation both on the same domain and LAN. I have remote agent installed on WS 2K3 and the work station with the BE program installed on the WS2008 server.  I turned on the Hyper -V agent and the BE advanced Disk - based backup option.  I obviously do not know what I am doing how should I install this so it will  work?
B.Jab
6 REPLIES 6

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the data that you have selected for backups?? Also what is the exact error with which the backups are failing. You can check the exact error in the Job Log of the failed backup?

You have mentioned that you have selected the backup destination as the Workstation server. Have you created the Backup to Disk folder as the destination??

Thanks,

-Sush...

b_jab
Level 3

Hi Sush,

From the Vm server 2008 I can see the Vm server 2003 and the workststion folder.  I have tried to back up the system state on each Vm one at a time. I used the back up to disk wizard and all machines have me as domain administrator and local administrator. just set up a new folder and error is attached. This was run on the 2008 Vm  backing up its system state.

Thank you for your help.

bJab

Sush---
Level 6

Follow the steps given below:

1)  open the properties of the backup job

2) Go to Advanced Disk-based Backup option under Settings

3) Uncheck the option "Use Offhost backup to move backup processing from Remote server to Media server"

I do not think this option is required in your case as you are backing Media server here. Even when backing the remote server do not use this option.

Let us know the result after you run the backups.

Thanks,

-Sush...

b_jab
Level 3

Hi Sush,

I unchecked the feature. I tried to back up the WS2003 system state. First error report . Then I tried to back up the WS 2008 system state on the Vm that BE is installed.  This also failed second error report. 

Best Regards,

B.JAb

Sush---
Level 6

Try to create a new backup to disk folder and then run the jobs to the new folder.

Thanks,

-Sush...

b_jab
Level 3

Hi Sush,

I made the new folder from the wizard. Still not backing up.

Brock