cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010R3 - How do you have a GFS Template Automatically Do a Duplicate Job Immediately After a Backup Job

Nuri_Inuki
Level 4

Is there a way to configure a GFS template to automatically run the duplication job immediately after the full job completes?  Currently, I'm having to schedule it, which isn't too bad...but it's hard to schedule for Monthly's and when the backup job takes longer than normal, the duplication job fails.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nuri_Inuki
Level 4

The section/page I actually needed was Pg 541, template rules. Had to set the Duplicate to Tape job to "Run according to rules for this template" versus actually trying to schedule a day and time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check pg. 561 in the BE 2010 Admin Guide...this will give you details on how this is done!

Thanks!

Nuri_Inuki
Level 4

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the quick response.  Page 561 for me is about Job Monitor Options.

Howard

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...check pg. 375.

Nuri_Inuki
Level 4

Page 375 it was, and this is after I downloaded the guide you linked on my other post. 561 was still about job monitoring.

Thanks!

Nuri_Inuki
Level 4

The section/page I actually needed was Pg 541, template rules. Had to set the Duplicate to Tape job to "Run according to rules for this template" versus actually trying to schedule a day and time.