cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 Agent not installing on RHEL 6.1 with 'ROOT' User

Vengada
Level 4

Hello All,

I have installed RHEL 6.1 64 bit Japanese. In order to add my Linux machine to my Backup Exec Server, i need to install the Linux Agent on the machine. So i have extracted the  RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-1978.17, and executed the scriptable file using the commad

./installralus

As mentioned in the document, it made couple of checks like whether required space, and other details are available. When it is about to install the agent, the error was thrown like " the installer has determined that the current user is not running as root on 'localhost.localdomain' please retry installing the agent as 'root' user. I have logged into the machine only as 'ROOT' user. 

Please find the attachment.

Also let me know how to overcome this above issue.

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I have PM'ed you a workaround. Let me know if it works. If not, would recommend to log a formal support case.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1. Is the 'root' account you are using, a super user or is there another superuser account that you use which has all the adminstrator privilages?
2. Check if there is a beoper group created and 'root' is a part of this group
Is there an install log created at /var/tmp/installralus********** If it is avaible, could you post the error message in that.

Also you could try a workaround -
Copy the ralus installer to a directoryand extract it here. Grant the full file access using chmod 777 to the files and then run the install script