cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

BE2012 - NTFS system errors (Events 55 & 57) when BE services running

Steven-Messer
Level 3

Hello,

Since upgrading from Backup Exec 2010 to 2012, I have noticed two NTFS related events appearing in the System event log of the media server.

They are 'Event 55 (NTFS) Error' and 'Event 57 (NTFS) Warning' See below:

These events appear constantly with around three entries of the warning and one of the error every minute, however they stop appearing completely when the Backup Exec services are stopped.

Multiple chkdsk's have been run on every volume on the server including the C drive but there have never been any errors found to fix.

The only storage target on the media server is a Data Domain which is configured for both a DDBOOST storage unit and a CIFS based Backup to Disk folder, the media server a physical Dell PowerEdge R910 running Windows Server 2008 R2 standard x64.

Any help/suggestions much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven-Messer
Level 3

Hi Colin,

I think these errors were to do with SAN volumes.  The Backup Exec media server is zoned to see all of the LUNs containing the VMFS datastores so we can use the SAN transport mode for VMware.

After removing the media servers permissions to the LUNs through unisphere, rebooting then re-assigning the permissions and rescanning the disks the errors stopped appearing.

Thanks for your suggestions all the same.

Regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

That is probably the disk GUID for the 100MB  partition that 2008 R2 creates without a drive letter when you first instal it. No idea why you have the errors though

Does it happen all the time or only when a specific backup job is running?

Steven-Messer
Level 3

Hi Colin,

I think these errors were to do with SAN volumes.  The Backup Exec media server is zoned to see all of the LUNs containing the VMFS datastores so we can use the SAN transport mode for VMware.

After removing the media servers permissions to the LUNs through unisphere, rebooting then re-assigning the permissions and rescanning the disks the errors stopped appearing.

Thanks for your suggestions all the same.

Regards,

Steve