cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 - View tape content

hmontero
Level 5

Hello

If i know the content of a tape... how can i restore a file navigating directly in the tape.. from the slots in the robot??? or i have to navigate to restore option in the ribbon bar???

or...at least ..how can i view the content of a tape...

i´ve migrated to BE2012 and i´m confused with the new look of BE...8(

Thks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. This is correct.  In BE 2012, you cannot restore something straight from the media, i.e. the Storage tab.  You got to restore it from the Backup & Restore tab.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,  You can just click on the restore tab and go through the restore wizard which will guide you through the restore.

Please take a look at the videos on http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=howdoi&key=15047&Title=Configure the Backup Exec environment

under 'more videos' there is one on restore too.

hmontero
Level 5

In BE2010-R3 i can go to the tape in the slot, right-click and start a restore .

Can´t do that in 2012???

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. This is correct.  In BE 2012, you cannot restore something straight from the media, i.e. the Storage tab.  You got to restore it from the Backup & Restore tab.

hmontero
Level 5

PKH..ok

but..is there a way to view inside a tape???

eg. ..if i think the file i´m looking for is in a specific tape...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

is there a way to view inside a tape???

Not from the Storage tab.  You got to take note of the backup sets on the tape.  Start a restore job and then  expand the backup that you are interested in.

hmontero
Level 5

PKH, Thanks..